Over half the world’s urban growth is currently absorbed by informal settlements of cities in the developing world. In the next two decades, Sub-Saharan Africa only will welcome 300 million new urban residents. In order to provide their residents, and economic players, with a sustainable and resilient living environment and a long-lasting access to public services of good quality, developing cities will require major investments. Building on its sound sector expertise (solid waste management, transport, energy, water and sanitation), Nodalis Conseil has developed a complete service proposal to help its clients tackle these challenges.
Nodalis Conseil supports local government and national institutions with appraising governance, management and financial frameworks for local development, strengthening the capacities of urban sector stakeholders, and preparing and implementing urban development programs, projects and action plans.
Countries of intervention
Nodalis partners to contact
Some references in the sector
- Implementing a Local Government Training Program - Madagascar
- Local Economic Development Mapping projects & lessons learnt in West Bank & Gaza - Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Strengthening financial performance in selected municipalities in Senegal - Senegal
- Assistance to project holders and AFD staff for the appraisal of three projects to be financed by the Financing Facility for Local Authorities (FICOL) - Madagascar, Senegal
- Municipal finance budget support operation - Support to the appraisal process - Jordan
- Design of the institutional reform for local public services delivery and Technical Assistance for the operationalization of the new system in pilot cities - Morocco
- Prefeasibility of a second Regional and Local Development Programme - Jordan
- Appraisal mission for NAMA – TOD support project at the local and national levels - Colombia
- Training on Urban services – Diagnosis and needs assessment - France